Bonjour Animal Lovers.
Welcome back to CooknFly.
This week I wanted to share with you this crazy and super easy recipe, very simple yet flavourful Beetroot Carpaccio.
I keep telling my friends is all about playing with the ingredients when cooking plant-based dishes, I hope you’ll agree with it.
This recipe is just one example of what we can do with a bit of imagination and few ingredients. I hope you like it.
- 1 pz. Beetroot (boiled)
- 1 pz. Radish
- Fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tbsp Cayenne powder
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Black Truffle Mustard
- Edible flowers to decorate
- Sesame seed oil
- Salt | Pepper
- Cut the beetroot into a big cube. Then slice it down to make it look like a carpaccio, approximately .2cm thick.
- In a bowl, prepare the marination with the sesame seed oil, oregano leaves, vinegar, cayenne powder, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the beetroot to the marination, cover it and let it marinate in the fridge for 12 to 24 hrs for better results.
- Slice the radish and place it in an ice water bath (same size as the beet if possible).
- After 12 or 24 hrs, remove the beet from the marination, plate it on your favorite plate using a teaspoon of Black Truffle Mustard, edible flowers, and the radish.
- I’ve used balsamic vinegar pearls for decoration as well but if you don’t have, no big deal.
My friends from Cook Concern Germany published a beautiful interview about my work recently, where I mention some of the reasons why I’m doing this blog.
If you wish to read the full interview here’s the link, help me share it to pass the message to other Vegans out there. Click Here
Thank you again for stopping by, see you next week.