Good day, beautiful souls.
It’s Sunday again, and if you went out last night, I have the perfect remedy for you to recover. (If you didn’t you will love this soup anyways).
Having a soup is a very interesting way to cure your hangover, I believe most of my Mexican friends know very well that having a soup will bring you back to life after a long night drinking and dancing.
This Vegan Mexican Tortilla Soup is full of goodies and 0 nasties. Takes a few minutes to prepare and most importantly, I can guarantee you won’t regret it.
If you have been here before, welcome back and if it’s your first time here in Cooknfly, Thank you so much for reading, I’m trying to share my passion for food, plant-based, because we all love animals.
Here’s what you need…
For the vegetable stock:
- 8 pz. Spring onion
- 1 Big carrot
- 1/4 White onion
- 1.5 lt. Water
- Thyme | Olive oil |Salt |Pepper
For the Soup:
- 3 Tomatoes
- 6 Tortillas
- 2 Garlic bulbs
- 2 pz. Spring onion
- 1 Big or 2 carrots
- 1/3 White onion
- 1 Chile Ancho (sun-dried capsicum)
- 1 Avocado
- 20 gr. Coriander
- 1/2 Lime
- Salt | Pepper | Olive oil |
This is how we do it…
- First, prepare the vegetable stock; Place in a medium casserole some olive oil, once hot, add the vegetables.
- Let the veggies fry a bit, then add the water, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Cover the casserole and let it boil for at least 15 min. on high heat.
- Once ready, pass it through a strainer and keep it on the side.
- For the soup, add oil to a big casserole or the same one you used for the vegetable stock, add the vegetables. (keep the avocado, spring onion and lime on the side).
- Fry the veggies for a while until they start to crumble. add the tortillas, and keep stirring.
- Add the water, cover the casserole for about 10 minutes. After those 10 minutes, bring it to a blender, blend it until smooth.
- meanwhile, you can cut the tortilla chips and bring them to the oven at around 180°C for 8 to 10 minutes. (check every now and then or they will burn). While you do that you can also cut the tofu.
- Now is time to bring the soup back to the casserole, pass it through a strainer to eliminate any chunks.
- Cover the casserole and let it cook for about 5 minutes on low heat. add salt and pepper to your liking.
- In the mean time, cut the avocado, the spring onion as you wish, and the lime cut into half.
- Serve on a bowl, with the avocado, spring onion, and tofu. Squeeze half of a lemon on top of it and decorate with the tortilla chips.
Thank you again for stopping by, I’ll. see you next week with another exciting vegan recipe here on Cooknfly.
Help me share this recipe/video on your Social Media by just hitting the SHARE button, I’ll appreciate it a lot.
Subscribe to Cooknfly’s Youtube Channel today :).