Hey there! Welcome back to Cook🍅Fly.
Last month we scaped to Nice, France, for the weekend. After having a hard time trying to book a table at certain restaurants on a Saturday night, we ended up in a Classic French Cuisine resto just in the heart of Vielle Nice.
Here I had the pleasure to enjoy a beautiful and very classy French Recipe “Salade de Poivrons Grillé”, or (Grilled Capsicum Salad) is very simple to do but full of taste. This salad is a must try when visiting Côte d’Azur, as well as many of their regional wines.
So, right after we came back home, I decided to share with you my version of this delicious salad, perfect for these summer days and better yet, Fully Vegan!.
Share it with your friends and family.
- 5pz. Capsicum
- 1pz. Avocado
- 1pz Garlic (chopped)
- Olive oil pearls
- Edible flowers
- Salt and pepper
This is how we do it…
- Turn the oven to 250°C or 480°F, bring the capsicum in for around 15 minutes.
- Once the skin is brown or a bit burnt, retrieve the capsicum from the oven and place them in a plastic bag, let them rest for around 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the capsicum skin and the seeds, then cut them into 1-2 cm. thick. Let it cool down in the fridge with chopped garlic, thyme, and olive oil.
- Meanwhile cut avocado slices, once the capsicum is chilled, start plating up your salad. Finish it with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy it with a nice glass of wine at lunch or dinner.
I hope you like the recipe, leave your comments and see you soon with new recipes and adventures.
Thank you for reading.
[Comment | Share it | Like it]